Pre-Heresy Tips and Tricks


Image from Games Workshop

As a way of helping all those hobbyists out there who are looking for a little bit of assistance with creating a "Pre-Heresy" army, this post will be a collection of tips and tricks to help you get started.

Be careful though, once you start a Pre-Heresy force, it may be hard to stop.

Feel free to send in all your Pre-Heresy related links!

Modeling:
Armour: MK1 Part A, Part B, Part C by My Wargame
Armour: MK2 Part A, Part B, Part C by My Wargame
Armour: MK3 Part A, Part B, Part C by My Wargame
Armour: MK4 full tutorial by My Wargame
Armour: MK5 Part A, Part B by My Wargame
Armour: MK5 by Eaters of Worlds
Armour: Shoulder pads for terminators by Ron (FTW)
Imperial jetbike by Ron (FTW)
Imperial MK1 Land Raider by Lascannons and Lances
Product: Maxmini helmets and jump packs by Eaters of Worlds
Space Wolves: Terminator with pelt by Jon
Thousand Sons: Power armour by My Wargame

Painting:
Sons of Horus by Miniature Wargame Conversion
Space Wolves by My Wargame
Thousand Sons (metallic) by My Wargame

Gaming:
MK0 Terminator Armour Background by The Vanus Temple
World Eaters, which Codex to use by Eaters of Worlds

Additional Pre-Heresy sites:
The Great Crusade (forums)
Chapterhouse Studios (bits)
Micro Art Studios (robed leg bits)
Maxmini (helmet bits)
Lexicanum: Power Armour styles


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the great links! The MK5 armour tutorial is my favourite, cant wait to try it for some pre-heresy Dark Angels or Thousand Sons (I cant decide which to do)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff... :)

    http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Power_Armour

    Check out this link here... it's got pics and descriptions of all the armor types from Mk1 to Mk8 and blurb on Grey Knights, Sisters and Space Wolves runic armor.

    -Reece

    ReplyDelete

If you've got a relevant tip, trick or link, make sure to include it in your comment for the rest of us to check out!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.