Terminator Librarian conversion ready for paint

After I mocked him up and got approval from my friend, I set about actually building him. I ended up turning his head the other way after working out the final pose. I try to make it as natural and convincing as possible.

Building this guy had to go in a specific order. First, I had to greenstuff the shoulder joints, then scratchbuild the pre-heresy shoulder pads and glue them in place.
After that, I could add the cape and greenstuff the fur up to the back of the shoulder pads.
Then I could finally mount the legs onto the body.

I ended up leaving the hood and cables off because I wasn't sure I could get the hood itself right and the fear that the model was getting a bit too busy in that area. Sometimes simple and clean is better especially with everything else this guy has going on.
And he still gets a banner mounted on top too.

My Project Link: Space Marines Commision

Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!


  1. Oh wow... that looks so epic

  2. hey Ron, can you make it clickable for a larger version?
    Looks awesome!!!!

  3. Thanks guys.

    The image can be clicked on now for a slightly larger look.

  4. Great looking model! Lots of character, yet he doesn't look burdened by all the wargear and relics he's toting around.

  5. I agree with Shrink to Fit - the model had a fluidity about him that looks very natural. Nice job!

  6. Just ran across this page on a random Internet search for Space Marine Librarian fluff. Your model is excellent! One might imagine the Chief Librarian of a chapter arrayed in such a fine suit of ancient terminator armor.

    "I will destroy their minds and burn their bodies."

    Well done, sir.


If you've got a relevant tip, trick or link, make sure to include it in your comment for the rest of us to check out!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.