Finished Land Raider Redeemer

I finished this one up a few days ago and now I'm just getting the pictures posted. How I did the freehand on top can be found in this post.

My friend was really happy with the results.

My Project Link: Space Marines Commission

Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!


  1. OMG Ron, freehand work is awesome yet subtle. Love it. I may have to tap you up for a few LR commissions. I have some grey LR's that will look awesome with that sort of paintjob!

  2. WOW! That is fan-freekin-tastic. I love that the free hand work is subtle. Great job!

  3. Thanks guys.
    Siph_Horridus: Just let me know...

  4. excellent job all over Ron, the freehand is great but i also love the flamers, gold and black right? and the parchments are really nicely done too!

    Craig @ cadian8th

  5. Gold and black.
    There's a layer of brown under the black to make the soot transition smooth.

  6. Bloody brilliant. I don't suppose there's any chance of a tutorial on how you painted the freehand? After seeing this I might give it a go on my Razorback and just exchange the greys for greens! Great work mate, seriously impressive

  7. Of all the things I didn't take pics of. I don't have any vehicles I'm working on right now but I suppose I could find a spare armour plate lying around and paint something on it to show you the steps.

  8. Great looking Redeemer! I never would have thought of using the greys to do the freehand work. Looks great without detracting from teh model as a whole.

    I think I may have to start trying some freehand soon, and see if I can manage results as good.

  9. I really like the subtlety of the design. Really cool.

  10. Thanks guys.

    I found that with a "busy" model like a Land Raider with all the hatches and stuff on top, the best results are accomplished with a subtle paint job.

    It stands out if you focus on it, but at a glance, you could almost miss it so it doesn't detract from the overall look of the model.

    I'm putting together two tutorials: One on how to paint the flamer tips and one on how to actually paint the freehand on the top.

  11. Great job Ron! Looking forward to reading the tutorials!

  12. Very impressive Ron!
    Congrats for this great work.


If you've got a relevant tip, trick or link, make sure to include it in your comment for the rest of us to check out!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.