Commission Work

There are way too many unfinished minis out there... it's my job to fix that.

Don’t have the time to paint that new unit of Troops or are you looking for something different and you just don’t know if it’s something you can pull off on your own?

Whether it’s modeling or painting, from the simple to the complex, I’m open for commissions for most lines of tabletop miniature games… at an affordable price too.

My primary focus is 40k but I’m always open to other games.

I believe in communicating with my clients to make sure I know exactly what they’re looking for and then producing a high quality product that they’re proud to have and something I would be proud to use as well.
I treat my commissions like they were my own models.

Quality:
Given my current schedule, I must limit myself to producing your basic, tabletop quality finished models. If you are looking for higher quality levels of painting, I may be able to accomodate it but on a case by case basis.

What does my "tabletop standard" look like? Look at these guys.

NOTE: At this point, I do not varnish models when finished. I've had a number of instances where a gorgeous model has had to be touched up due to problems with varnishing. All models are handled with clean hands and carefully packed and shipped to prevent chipping and damage to their paint jobs.

Scope:
I can go from start to finish (from assembly to clear coat).
I’m also open for single aspects like just converting something or just painting a single unit or character. When it comes to conversion work, I'm more than happy to order the bits needed (if you don't already have them) and simply add the cost of the bits into the project and save you the additional shipping and handling you would have paid if you'd bought them on your own and had them sent to me.

Techniques I use:
Priming: Usually spray but sometimes brushed on.
Base color: I can match just about any color a client requests.
Shading: Usually done with washes, but I’ll use layering when washes won’t work or don’t achieve the desired result.
Highlighting: Usually a single line highlight (I don’t just “drybrush” everything).
Basing: I can do just about any kind of base a client requests.

I can reproduce specific techniques like “dipping” or certain effects like “glowing” if it’s requested.

Pricing:
This varies based on the scope of the project, quality a client is looking for, the colors used (some colors require a substantial amount of additional work), techniques requested and any conversion work involved.

I ask for 1/3 of the total cost up front (non-refundable deposit) to cover expenses and the remainder upon completion of the project.

I ask that the client paying for the shipping and handling of all the models. I will pack them and send a price before shipping them. Models are sent with insurance and delivery confirmation to make sure they arrive safely.

I’ll gladly accept PayPal and check/money order for projects. Other arrangements for payment are made on a case by case basis. I don’t usually work for trade though.

Time involved:
This depends on the number of commissions I currently have and how involved the project you would like for me to take on is. Time lines are figured out on a case by case basis with each client. Projects can be rushed if you need something immediately for an additional fee.

How it works:
Contact me by email and let me know what you’re interested in doing.
Hopefully I can help you, if not, I’ll be honest and let you know if it’s something that’s out of my abilities.

We’ll go back and forth by email until we have the project outlined (quality, scope, techniques) and I’ll give you a quote for the project. This varies as I want to make sure I know exactly what you’re looking for and you know exactly what I will be doing for you.

You decide whether or not you want to go forward with the commission and then we’ll get the deposit, mailing addresses and everything else sorted out.

As the project progresses, I’ll send you email updates and pictures so you can see the progress being made. When I have questions, I’ll email you to find out what you want me to do before moving on.

When the project is finished, I’ll send you some final pictures and you complete the payment and then I mail out your commission.

If you’ve got any questions, please feel free to contact me at:
ronsaikowski_illu@msn.com


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!