Dark Angels FAQ... great


Image from Games Workshop

My thoughts on the new Dark Angels FAQ. I don't know if I should be more excited or not. I guess this is a good thing in the end. To be honest, most of it doesn't apply to me since I play Deathwing and even then, I only use certain weapons (like heavy flamers). But I don't feel as though I'm as excited as some others out there seem to be about the whole thing.

I'm certainly not running out and equipping all my guys with storm shields and cyclone missile launchers as quick as I can.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad GW is stepping up and getting more "timely" FAQs out for players to use, but all this one does for me is allow me to use the changes I would have already made to my list "unofficially" before in an "official" capacity now. Three plus storm shield saves and two shot cyclones... who wasn't using those before? Besides, GW tells us to play it how we want and as long as your opponent agrees, why not?

I'm still on the fence about the smoke launchers thing.
And does my Power of the Machine Spirit have a BS of 4 now too... officially?

And the whole Feel No Pain thing. What was wrong with the old Apothecary Narthecium/Reductor rules? Those seemed to work just fine. Now I've got to figure this FNP thing out. Could be worse though I suppose, I could lose my Fearlessness. That would stink.

Like I said, I'm glad Games Workshop is making the effort to update things. And I can understand them trying to bring things in line with Universal Special Rules and such. Maybe it's because I don't play in tournaments that I don't have the driving need for clarification or upgrades like this. Maybe it's because I don't technically have an army right now, but that's not the point.

Fearlessness... that's what I love. Do you know that Deathwing Terminators (if the Grey Knight rumors hold true) will be the only Fearless Terminators out there? I think if that goes away with our new Codex (whenever that comes around), I'll still keep that one for my army.


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!