Bal Timorea Knight finished

I've finally managed to finish my Knight for the Santa Cruz Warhammer Knights of Bal Timorea Project. I have to admit, this guy was a ton of fun to paint. It was such a huge departure from painting space marines, that parts of it became a real challenge.

I started this one not really knowing what colors or iconography I was going to use and sort of made it up as I went along. I kept the overall look dark and then used the icons to add some contrast to the model.

When I first asked them, my Wife and Daughter said the horse needed to be brown with white hooves in the back. So I painted the horse brown. When they saw my paintjob and the rest of the model, they told me the tail was painted wrong (apparently it must be black on a brown horse) and that the horse should be all white now. Not possible I told them. Then I claimed artistic license with the tail color and left the room.

I don't think they understand that I can't just keep changing the horse color until I find something that "works." I wasn't going to explain it either. Maybe next time I can change it I told them and they seemed happy with that.

I tried to make his base look "muddy" and used some darker browns on it with the static grass. I didn't get super fancy or anything, I just limited the colors I used on it and didn't put too bright of a highlight on the base.

All in all, I consider this guy a success. Painted to a tabletop standard, a little bit of weathering and some freehand all come together to make what looks like a regular Knight to me. Of course this is my first real "Fantasy" model so there's lots of room for improvement here.

Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!