New Space Hulk Broodlord and final touches


I thought I might share a pic of this guy. In the end, he's not much more than a regular Genestealer, but I added an extra step when it came to painting him since he's so big and GW made an effort to show his muscles.

When I painted the regular Genestealers, I based them dark blue, added the highlight and then washed them to tie it all together, blend the highlight and tone it down a bit.



With the Broodlord, I based him dark blue, added the highlight as normal and then went in with a medium blue and highlighted his muscles along the top of his body where any overhead light my bring them into sight.
Then I washed the model as normal. By doing this, the wash blended in the muscle "highlights" and made it fairly subtle in the end. It's a nice touch to the model and makes him look a little more imposing than the regular Genestealers.

And some final pieces to the game...


And that finishes up my second Space Hulk commission. These are lots of work, but I can't imagine playing the game with unpainted pieces.

My Project Link: Space Hulk


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!