Raven Guard Terminator Librarian conversion


A few weeks ago, I got an email from a Client interested in having a Space Marine Librarian made up similar to the one in the old Codex.

After a bunch of emails, I was able to get the mock-up seen above done and sent off for approval. As you can see, I didn't even have all the bits yet, I ended up using Photoshop to block in some colors in the general shape of things to come. The shoulderpads are paper cutouts to represent them until I could get the real ones built.

Here's what it came down to...


The right hand has blasting lightning from it. The lightning is made with deformed paperclips. I used the hand from the missile launcher Space Marine that I greenstuffed onto a Terminator arm (a Storm Shield arm). I had to resculpt the forearm and the back of his hand to clean things up.

The chest has the classic Librarian cables running down the sides. I don't usually add the cables when I make a Terminator Librarian with the Pre-Heresy shoulder pads because the model can quickly become crowded and look overwhelming. In this case though, the pose of the model is upright and both arms are really wide open, so I thought it might work and my client was willing to go with the results.


The sword was another poject in it's own. My Client had a clear idea of what he wanted, I just needed to build it.
I ended up using the sword blade from the Darks Angels sprue (not the one pictured above), the eagle from the previous 40k starter set and a Terminator Thunder Hammer arm that I cut to fit. A small piece of plasticard and a properly placed purity seal finished the conversion and added stability towards the end.

The base is from Dark Art Miniatures and it's one of their 40mm urban bases.

Project Link: Codex Space Marine Librarian conversion


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!