Removing release agent residue from resin


After I got all the mold lines cleaned away, it was time to wash off the release agent.

After 45 minutes of warm, soapy water and a toothbrush...
everything was done and set out to dry.

This time I had to use the kitchen sink, so I did it after my Wife went to bed. I didn't want her seeing me using the new kitchen towels to lay out all the parts on. She's a good sport about lots of things but I don't want to test my luck with everything.

A toothbrush is great for getting into tight spots. I also keep a larger brush of the sort usually used for scrubbing dishes around for scrubbing larger pieces. It's definitely worth overdoing this step. I've found that even after a good wash, some parts feel slick. I think this is because some parts might come out of the mold a little more smooth than others making it hard to tell when all the release is washed off. The wife's new kitchen towels are always an option, but for those of us less brave than Ron, there are always the old bath towels.
- The Inner Geek


Project Link: Follow my Eldar Titan project


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!