A huge thanks to Neal at TheWarstore


With work on my newest commission getting underway (look for a full project description and updates in the coming weeks), I decided to get a head start on it and order the bits I needed for the model.

Now I don't usually post about these kind of things since I see it as a responsibility of mine to remain impartial but I think that it's worth talking about my experience with Neal at TheWarStore.com.

I ordered a handful of bits the other day. But more importantly, I added a small note at the end of the order asking if there was any way to include an extra item that I needed but could not find. I left it at that and I hoped it would get looked into, but if not, I would continue the hunt and go elsewhere if need be. My clients like results, not excuses.

After a couple days wait (and it always seems like it takes forever when you're excited to get your stuff) my box of stuff arrived. But there was a problem... I was missing some of the bits I ordered. I only had 3 of the 4 things I ordered and one of them was short on the amount.

Minor oversight I figured. I had a problem once before and TheWarStore was able to help me out tremendously even though they had nothing to do with it and it wasn't their responsibility. So I called the number on their website. Sure enough, Neal answered the phone.

I explained my problem to him, he told me what I needed to do and he said he would take care of it.

I got an email back later that day saying my order had been shipped out. It was a form email, but at least it let me know that the issue had been taken care of.

And the waiting began again, like I said, it always feels like eternity.

Then it arrived... the little box saying "Your reinforcements have arrived!" I tore the thing open and inside I discovered all the missing pieces AND the extra stuff I requested. And no extra cost or hassle for me, Neal just took care of everything and made sure it was all right.

So, if you're looking for a place to buy bits online, I can honestly say to try out TheWarStore.com, they've been nothing but the best for me so far. I know that I'm going to go there first when it comes to getting the bits I need for my commissions. Thanks Neal.


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!