Warhammer 40k model contest winner!


Well, the much anticipated Warhammer 40k model contest has come to an end. I want to say thank you to everyone who has supported the site and it's through your help that I'm where I'm at today.

After collecting all the entries and generating a random number to determine the winner, it is none other than Dain Q Gore. He is definitely excited and is working feverishly on figuring out just what he wants to have done. He says he has it down to one of three themes. His Mentor Legion, his Moon Drakes (pseudo-loyalist Chapter) or something Tzeentch.

I'm excited to see which one he picks myself and what he has in mind. He says he's going to come up with some sketches which should make the project a real pleasure to do as it's always nice to have some visual reference to work from.


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. I want to thank everyone for their support through this Summer and everything FTW has been through.

16 comments:

  1. Well, I would be lying if I said I wasn't hoping to win this ;-) Still, congratulations, Dain! I'm sure you won yourself one hell of a model!

    And Ron, I hope this little contest helped you to mitigate the cost of your "redecoration" too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats guys!
    seems i missed out on all this.. i look forward to seeing the results though!

    On another note, the "thrall" attaching the shoulder pad to the marine appears to have forgotten the part under the shoulder pad :P
    hes about to be sacked i feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arrrg a thousand years of torture in my mind for not winning. Arrrg I say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an awesome comp! Due to its popularity might it be something you'd do again, perhaps annually... or more often? Any funds received could be used to buy a Void Shield Generator (it's what I'd do)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Dain, you're going to have an excellent model to center everything around. Looking forward to seeing its "birth" here at the Warp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, can't wait to see the WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone. I'm super excited, I am indeed feverishly thinking of ideas, so much so I can't sleep!

    There have been many failed attempts at conversions over the years, but none have vexed me so much as a Company Champion for my Moon Drakes. Here is an image of one I painted years ago as reference to my color scheme:

    http://daingore.com/minis_006.html

    I'm starting to lean on the side of my invented chapter...what do you guys think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I've said it before, but thank you to everyone who contributed.

    krautscientist: Yes, every single penny helped tremendously.

    JimmyG: I thought about doing it once a year. But I don't know how I feel about that just yet. I do so much work for people already and they are so patient waiting for me to get done with the projects I already have lined up. I don;t want to make them wait any longer.

    I suppose it would open it up to so many more folks who would just like the chance at getting a model without having the associated high costs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gutted I didn't win! But congrats to the fella that did awesome prize mate! Well
    Done. Dunk

    ReplyDelete
  10. How can I commission you to do a custom model?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grats Dain. Wouldn't say I wish it wasn't me that won but Luck is a fickle fickle lady, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hivetyrant36: Drop me an email and we can talk about what you'd like to do. I have a few things (like the contest model!) to do first.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to Q Gore, hope you'll have fun with this one as well Ron!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh well. Congratulations Dain! Please do make sure that whatever you decide, we get to see pics of it. I'm sure it will be epic.

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete

If you've got a relevant tip, trick or link, make sure to include it in your comment for the rest of us to check out!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.