Forge World Terminators and combi-weapons


I know Forge World released this new Terminator weapon set the other week and I'm just getting to it now, but I really like this set of weapons. There are two things that really stand out in this collection for me. The lightning claws and the combi-weapon attachments.


The storm shield is cool looking. Kinda plain, but that fits with how I envision early equipment looking. I love the claws though. They include the right hand powerfist in there so you can make a set of them. I can't help but thinking how well these would work on top of other powerfists as well. The fact that they are "add ons" and not part of the powerfist itself is great.

Combi-weapons just don't see much use
I like combi-weapons myself. I think Chaos terminators and maybe Space Wolves have easy access to them, but unfortunately not vanilla termies. But this set up is great. Having the ability to fit in the kind of combi-weapon you want is so cool to me.


I went looking and discovered that the Chaos terminators have lots of combi-weapons in their box set. Some shaving of selected elements and I suspect you could clean them up for use on non-chaos models. Not the best solution, but a workable one.


In the few times I've had combi-weapons on my Deathwing terminators (not legally), I opted for the smaller bolter ones as they stand out from the standard storm bolter and I like the way they look. I even figured out a way to make a quick combi-flamer with nothing more than a regular bolter and some greenstuff.

I'm really considering ordering this set for my army so I can put the combi-weapons on my Sergeants and character models. It might not be legal, but it would look so cool.

Make sure to check out these posts as they might help:
How to make a quick combi-flamer


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!