Sarpedon, Soul Drinkers Chapter Master

And here's the finished model. I think few chapters can match the coolness of this guy when it comes to HQ models. I know I already went over some of the things I had trouble with when it came to building him in the WIP post I put up the other day.

That being said, enjoy the pics.

Each time I do a project and it's just the "building" of a model, I ask my Clients to send me pictures of the painted model so I can see how it turned out. There are a couple of reasons for this.

Sarpedon Soul Drinkers chapter master

First, I can see how my conversion work looks covered with paint and how areas I thought were going to be problematic turn out. And second, I get to see other painting styles which always give me inspiration when it comes to painting my own stuff. So I was definitely excited when my Client sent me a couple pics of the painted model once he had it done.

Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!


  1. Wow, thats really awesome. I like that.

  2. I particularly love how you captured the bionic replacement "spider" leg as depicted in the SD storyline. NICE touch!

  3. He looks awesome. It's too bad that the base is so large. I run into that problem too. I end up just building up instead of out, but then my models are tall and can be seen by everything.

  4. Thanks guys!

    MJ: And it (his bionic leg) is magnetised so it can be used as a wound counter.

    Reid: It is large, but fitting for the model I think. A 40mm just seemed way too small and cramped for what I was trying to do with the model. I tried, believe me I did.

  5. Fantastic job Ron! I prefer it to your old model. A bit more.. dynamic in its pose with the spear. I know otherwise it is very close, but has a bit of an extra touch to it.

  6. Nice job! I'd forgotten how deviant the Chapter Master had become (think I'll have to go back and read them again!)

  7. Saw the article. I have gotten so many compliments on this. You are an extremely talented guy. Thanks again for you hard work.


If you've got a relevant tip, trick or link, make sure to include it in your comment for the rest of us to check out!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.