Space Marine bikers, lots of them


A while ago, I posted about a huge number of bikes I had to paint for an ongoing commission I have. I think this batch brings me to something like 12,000 bikes now. I still have four more to do, but I thought I would post this pic now since it seemed pretty cool.
It might not really be 12,00 bikes but it certainly feels like it and I know I've painted enough for like three dozen Ravenwing armies.

As I've been painting them, I've tried to give each one a different screen on the bike console. Nothing fancy, just a few lines to suggest some kind of digital readout.

And here's what all of them look like (at least the current batch).


Pretty cool I thought... to see all the different ones I've painted over the past few weeks.
That's it, nothing of any real "hobby" value, just a cool pic to look at.

My Project Link: Space Marines Commision


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!

15 comments:

  1. Very cool. One of those understated, cool factor things you can do with an army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those screens are an excellent little detail Ron - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent effect, really adds an extra, individual touch to each biker. The height screen, in particular, stand out for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I treid to come up with something slightly different for each one, but you can see some elements that keep appearing throughout when you look at them as a group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean, crisp colours I like them. I usually prefered bikes a bit more weathered though but not everybody like that.

    The screens are a very nice touch of course but is that first guy playing Asteroids instead of focusing on driving his bike?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool effect - seems like you've got enough spare time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tres awesome - if you have to do one more make him playing Space Invaders ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very cool. Little details like this are a spectacular touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The screen readouts looks nice. I'll keep a mental note of that image for when I need to paint monitors inside of SM vehicles :) (Yes, I paint the insides and never glue doors shut:) )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Antipope: I tried to stay away from obvious things that could be recognised.

    I won't lie, the urge was there to hide an Easter egg or two in some screens but I kept it professional.

    Flekkzo: I don't even prime the bottom of my thanks much less the inside. And to think of painting the inside? Are you kidding me?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Flekkzo: I've been known to build interiors for chimeras, so I can relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that montage. Nicely lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know if I will ever understand you guys that paint the inside of your vehicles.

    Curis: Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You owe it to yourself to paint a pair of breasts on one of those screens ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you've got a relevant tip, trick or link, make sure to include it in your comment for the rest of us to check out!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.