Moving right along, this will be the last post before I show the final painted pics.
With the shoulder pads complete, it was time to get the last few details put into place. I used two small strands of wire for the base of his braids, gluing them in place gave me the "skeleton" to work from in sculpting his hair.
(Click on image for larger version)
The next big hurdle became his hands, We knew the gun hand and had settled on that in the beginning. The other hand we ended up changing at the last minute after seeing the shoulder pads in place and trying to keep the scale of all the elements similar across the model.
Lots of time, I'll send pics like this to my Clients so they can see what something will look like so they can make a decision one way or another about a particular bit... in this case, his right hand.
With the hand chosen, it was time to get him completely assembled and mounted on his base. A small length of wire connects the glove to his body and helps complete the illusion.
With the model "complete," he was primed black and set aside to dry. We spent some time working out the freehand design on his back prior to painting, but once we had that image settled on, I got right to work.
My Project Link: Dark Eldar Archon conversion