Space Hulk terminator painting comparison


Since I've finished all the Genestealers, I've started work on the Blood Angel Terminators. Even though there are fewer of them, they've got tons more detail on them and go just as slow.


I decided to include a comparison shot of a previous Terminator I did for my FLGS. I'm constantly amazed at how much my painting has been improving over time. Now it's really HOW I use them (washes) on models that I'm developing. Gone are the days of just washing the whole thing or basically "dipping" the model.
While it works, I'm learning you can get far better results with a more controlled approach. I'm also learning to mix and match washes in key areas to get the results I want. It's opening a whole new realm for me.

My Project Link: Space Hulk

Additional related Links:
Check out the Space Hulk Collaborative Post
My painting style and how it's changed over time
Painting lessons: What I've learned by painting Raven Guard Scouts


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!