(Image belongs to Artist Dan Wheaton)
This one's been in the works for a real long time now.
To be honest I didn't think it was going to ever happen, but I'm fortunate that I'll be able to work on this project from start to finish.
There's a datasheet for what I'm building.
My friend is looking for the best from me on this one so the bar is set pretty high.
If you've ever been down this road and built one of these guys, I'll gladly take any advice you might have. I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel, learn anything the hard way or build any more "character" during this project.
I will add this little nugget... I've started work on the "test" model already and I would say that a set of good metal files or at least a tapered "half circle" file is absolutely invaluable when it comes to removing mold lines from these metal monsters. The picture below shows the ones I use with the red shapes being a representation of the cross section of the actual tool.
If you're only going to get one, get the top one... the half circle.
Before I had these, I used my X-Acto blade to get mold lines off.
Now that I have these, I use the files almost exclusively for getting mold lines off.
Obviously I'll be posting updates as I make progress. The first thing I'll be doing is getting all the models cleaned and the bases built. I'm creating an urban look with some clay, plasticard and bits. I'll be making all the bases at once so they are consistent.
That's going to be one of the bigger if not the biggest challenge for this project... consistency.
My Project Link: Bloodthirster Bloodbath