MK1 Deathwing Land Raider completed


So I finished my first Land Raider for my Deathwing this last weekend.
I know, suprise! Deathwing with a Land Raider!

My technique translates over to vehicles, but it's not as "clean" looking as infantry models. Of course it's not really clean to begin with. This approach isn't going to win any awards by a long stretch but it's grown on me.
It definitely works by the "3 foot rule."

Maybe because it takes no time to do, maybe it's a little more painterly and not so refined as most of my other work I do. I don't really worry while I'm painting these guys. And making quick progress helps keep me motivated to finish the force.

Nonetheless, I cranked this thing out in no time and it fits right in with the dirty look the rest of the army has.

I want to get the army fully painted before I really start playing with it. There's just something about using non-painted models I don't like.

And as a side note, my Belial in Pre-Heresy armour made it into The Dark Fortress Gallery. The pics and write up there make him look even better. If you're a Dark Angels fan, the site is definitely worth checking out.

Additional related links:
Deathwing Collected Wisdom
How I paint my Deathwing
Dipping Deathwing by Santa Cruz Warhammer


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!