Vulkan He'stan and scout biker progress

I've been working slowly on the Vulkan model. Next up was the gold areas.
I've got a bit more to do on them to smooth out some of the transitions but it's almost done.

That and I managed to finish the last two bikers for the squad.

With all the bikers done, I can focus on getting Vulkan finished.
Here's the entire squad, you can click on the image for a larger view.

And one last treat, here's the Captain on a jetbike I'm working on.

If I can get it all together and submitted in time, you might be able to see the entire step by step for building the jetbike in the coming issue of The Astromag.

My Project Link: Space Marines Commission

Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!


  1. Very nice take on the jetbike. Looking forward to the how-to.

  2. Hudson: Since posting this, I've just about finished Vulkan and I'm trying to find all the pics I took during the building of the jetbike.

    If memory serves me correct, I trimmed it down to 35 pictures explaining the process.

  3. "Trimmed it down to 35 pictures"? Wow, that's gonna be some step by step!

  4. It's no good if I just explain some steps and skip over others hoping the reader can figure it out and keep up.
    It's fairly complex and I want to make sure it's easy enough to understand if someone decides to give it a go.

  5. The Vulkan conversion is very hot (no pun intended!) and I love the purple on the bikes...

    I also like the jet bike, and good work on the step by step pictures - I wish I had the time to do this sort of thing!!!

  6. Hells yes! I'm looking forward to seeing that jetbike Conversion! Thank god I stepped down as head editor though... I'd be too busy trying to make one myself that I'd forget to edit it and put it in the magazine :p

  7. Very cool Ron, thanks a bunch for submitting this article to the mag!

  8. Hephesto: Who knows, maybe it will make it easier for someone else to do the same thing.
    Pre-Heresy stuff can be tricky, time consuming and even more expensive if you're not sure of what you're doing.


If you've got a relevant tip, trick or link, make sure to include it in your comment for the rest of us to check out!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.