Spiderman Techmarine painting underway


I'm just about half way done with the painting on my Techmarine project. I still have the base and the backpack to get done, but right now, the torso is mostly finished (these are early pics).

This guy is being painted up a little different from the standard Techmarine color scheme. I have to admit, when my fiend sent me the color scheme, I was a little nervous as to how he was going to turn out. He wanted him predominantly black with red in just a few key areas. But I'll tell you what, the more I get painted, the better he looks and I think it's going to make for a stunning model when done. The black armour choice instead of red was a great one and he looks killer now.

Shows you how much I know.


Project Link: Follow my Techmarine project


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!

12 comments:

  1. Speaking of WYSIWYG Ron, that model should not have a pistol as well as a bolter since he has a power weapon. That is way I changed my techmarine back in December since he had a metal bolter on his back. I replaced his powerweapon with just a pointing hand. No reason to pay for the power weapon and not get the bonus attack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eriochrome: I believe you but this isn't my model... and at this point in my gaming life, I just build what looks cool.

    If someone asks for a three headed something or another even though it's not in the Codex... I still build it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron you are doing an amazing job on this guy!!! SERIOUSLY love his face, and I agree that the black armour is looking good. The model itself is great, the armour on the legs looks brilliant coming out from behind his red tabbard

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is looking superb - a great model and the painting is looking very cool - especially the face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has a very gears of war feel, with the black on red. I am loving it though, the model lends itself well to a black theme, with all the hoses/piping and the tech symbols are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys, he's taken longer than I thought since there are so many tiny details on him.

    And he's got 7 of those silly little Ad Mech symbols on him... these guys take this machine spirit stuff seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking great Ron :)
    My servo arm is bigger than yours though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dezartfox: I struggle for even a comeback to that one... would you believe it's bigger in real life, it's just the pictures that make it look small.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking great so far. It works exceptionally well the black with just the spots of red. Creates a lovely contrast around that tabard in particular (as King's Standard Bearer said).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Sara

    http://paintingdrawing.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks GENICA, I appreciate all the comments I get.

    ReplyDelete

If you've got a relevant tip, trick or link, make sure to include it in your comment for the rest of us to check out!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.