Let's be honest, there's not too much that can be done with this model really. It's metal and doesn't lend itself to conversion well. But, there are a few key things that can be done like repositioning his arms to give him a more dynamic pose.
Naturally, he'll go on a cool 40mm base from Dark Art Miniatures (their urban base line), but for now, he'll have to settle with the 25mm one he came with.
So far, all I've got is the wire I'm going to use as the base for the new servo arms. It's a fairly heavy gauge floral type wire that holds it's shape well. A little yellow tac and I figured out how I wanted the arms posed for maximum coolness.
Since he had four arms to start, I'll be making four new arms to replace those. When I got this project from my client (I was doing a Librarian model for him) I had a fairly good idea of how I was going to build this guy... I just didn't have the specifics nailed down.
So I broke out the drill and started to drill out the connection points for each arm. The holes are slightly bigger than the wire so I could fill the void space with greenstuff to try and solidify the connection.
The real challenge had yet to come, getting the servo arms bulked out properly.
Project Link: Follow my Techmarine project