Dark Angels Ezekiel model painted


I decided to finish this guy up this weekend as one of the smaller projects I had on my desk. While I didn't charge my client much at all for this guy, it was more of a chance for me to paint something a little different for a change and I've always liked this model.


I got him half painted so he needed to be stripped down to the metal and rebased. I decided to set him on a simple stone surface so I greenstuffed that real quick while I dug up my Dark Angels codex to see what the color scheme was for this guy. I stuck to it for the most part except for leaving out some of the odd coloring of things like cables and hoses.

I did a quick freehand chapter icon on his left shoulder and the paint scheme for his power sword is taken from the Sergeant in the new Space Hulk set. It looked really cool so I figured I would give it a go and see if I could duplicate it.

All in all, a fun model to paint and a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!

13 comments:

  1. That's always been a favorite of mine as well -- very cool pose. I really like the way that you based him -- it's quite a departure from the usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was my favorite Space Marine model until they released Khan. Beautiful job you did Ron and that's such a simple idea for basing that I've never thought of! I'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with the first two posters, also really liek the power weapon scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice :)

    Shame his rules let this awesome character down.. my Kharn ate him for breakfast the other week!... and half my berserker squad for afters! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, love the base and the power weapon. Impressive work for such a short time-scale. Just a little jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys, he was a good model for me to do this weekend. I needed to take a break and work on something smaller where I could get into it and lavish some attention on the details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks really good. The force weapon design looks really awesome, it's like Space Hulk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ron, that looks fantastic. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice work Ron.

    I really like that model and even converted one to a Daemonhunter Inquisitor with a Hammer instead of the power sword.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What colours did you use for the blue armour? im currently waiting to paint him and was looking for other peopels views on which colours to use.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Virusoverload: If I remember correctly, it's just Ultramarine blue with and Asuremen wash and then a lighter blue highlight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks alot for that ill head to the shop and get those in and have a look what i can come up with.

    ReplyDelete

If you've got a relevant tip, trick or link, make sure to include it in your comment for the rest of us to check out!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.