The first step in getting this guy built was finding just the right material to bulk out the new servo arms.
It took a good bit of hunting and it was actually my Daughter who found the right stuff to use. Turned out to be a long plastic lollipop stick that was hollow. I cut it into small sections (so it would follow the curves of the wire arm smoother) and threaded the bits onto each wire arm.
This guy needed to be pinned everywhere. Partly because he's a delicate build and mostly because I wanted to reinforce as many joints as I could so he would stand up to regular game play and handling.
This picture gives you an idea of the scale or length of the arms. At first, they were way too long, I shortened them up a bit to just under three inches and they loooked much better. I wanted them to look like they fit with the model and it was "believeable."
A quick sculpt of a Raven Guard Chapter symbol on his left shoulder pad finished off his regular arms. That and when I repositioned them, I needed to greenstuff the flex-fitting joints at his shoulders. I also added some more Techmarine cables to make it convincing and blend in with the rest of the model.
When it came time to attach the weapons, I measured the wire for each arm, clipped the weapons off at a point that looked suitable for each one and drilled a small hole in the end of each for the wire to be inserted into.
Once these guys were secure, I threaded the plastic sleeves onto the wire and began the work of attaching them to the backpack.
Project Link: Follow my Techmarine project