With everything assembled, it was time to start painting the different portions and get them ready for final assembly. I decided back when I started that I was going to paint this model in parts and then assemble the finished pieces. If I had assembled it first, I would have never been able to get in between all the pieces.
I didn't do anything fancy with the color scheme, just painted it up in the classic colors.
I did tons of fitting to make sure the pieces were going to go together without any problems. Sure I mocked the whole thing up in the beginning but now it was time to close up all the gaps and get everything set in place.
The last pic shows the Khorne symbol bolted to the front of the chariot and the skulls painted on the body. One of the requests my client had was to make sure the chariot did not appear to be "cobbled together." I suppose I could have hung skulls and such all over the place but I opted for a much cleaner look and painted them on. At first glance, you may even miss them, assuming they are similar to the texture on the hounds or the skin of the Skulltaker. It's not until you look closer that you see they're skulls.
Project Link: Follow my Skulltaker project