Sarpedon conversion complete, ready for paint



So here he is, actually there have been a couple slight modifications since taking this pic. The blades on his weapon have been trimmed down and the extra "spurs" taken off and his bionic arm was repositioned on it's magnet to allow for better movement in relation to his human arm.

I used some spare wire to make a few pipes sticking out of the ground next to his talons so that I could reinforce the connection between the legs and the base itself.

Neither of these pics show his left arm finished, since I wanted his arm to swing back further than what it was sculpted for, I cut away all the flex fitting and greenstuffed new flex fitting once I had his arm where it needed to be. It just needed to be a bit further back to allow for the spider leg underneath it.

My Project Link: Follow my Sarpedon Conversion


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!

17 comments:

  1. Man, I just don'r have words to express myself... this is just fascinating, I wish I had that creative ability...

    It is just greatness given form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. XaviarHarkon: Thanks, but I don't know about greatness... honestly, I'm hoping I was able to capture the way people might imagine him being in their minds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great Ron I would be a very happy customer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The legs look so natural for the model, way to pull it off Ron, looks flippin' fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "honestly, I'm hoping I was able to capture the way people might imagine him being in their minds."

    Congratulations, you did it. At least for me anyway. Thats pretty much how I imagined him, with your ork filling in a few blanks. Awesome work Ron, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wicked job,

    personally I'd love to see a side / rear shot to see how you handled the thorax and how long the guy is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am speechless with admiration - and that does not happen often,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys.

    Karitas: I'll take a bunch of shots wehn I'm done painting him so youguys can see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry if I got misunderstood, my english is quite rusty at the moment. I just wanted to mean that it's a great work of modelling, you've got a lot of talent and imagination Ron, it is a pleasure for me to have the oportunity to follow your blog and be insipired thanks to your work.

    I can't wait to see it painted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply excellent, whatever more I say will not express it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He looks great. You seem to have captured the sort of look I'd have imagined for him, hopefully the client feels the same way.
    You've managed to get a seamlessness to the conversion which is quite impressive because I'd have thought that would be incredibly different with bits from such different minis having to be used.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly cool work. Love the bionic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to admit, that is one of the coolest conversions I have ever seen. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete

If you've got a relevant tip, trick or link, make sure to include it in your comment for the rest of us to check out!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.