Since starting this project, I've gotten tons of great feedback on him as I posted progress here. Here are a couple of pictures that weren't included in any of the previous posts.
The pic above shows the final upper torso. The left arm is repositioned and greenstuffed in place and you can see the handle of his weapon too.
The pic below is the was what I sent to my client when it came time to figure out what blades were going to be used.
The handle of the weapon is simple tubular stock wrapped in greenstuff with the texture cut into it with an X-Acto knife.
I ended up cutting each leg at the middle joint and repositioning them so they "fit" correctly like a spider's legs do. The pic below shows the legs positioned around the lower torso.
And here it is, already being painted. I've left the upper torso separate from the lower section so I can get into all the tight spaces.
I'll post more pics as painting continues so watch for them this week.
And for those interested... here's a parts list:
Bits that were bought:
7 tyranid scything talons
1 Bare space marine head
1 Eagle backpack
1 Company champion torso
1 60mm urban base
I also used these bits from my collection:
2 Space Marine shoulder pads (one studded)
1 arm with bolt pistol
1 arm with pointing sword
1 arm with clenched fist (cut off for fist)
2 vents from Space marine backpack
2 hydraulic arms from Landspeed
1 Dark Angel winged sword icon
1 Space Marine set of legs (with legs cut off)
1 pair of Dark Elf blades
Extra stuff includes:
1/16 aluminum tubing
1 small magnet
1 small nail
My Project Link: Follow my Sarpedon Conversion