A look at my Lustwing army


Since this is my only finished army, I thought I might repost the pics I have of them. It's a 1500 point, "counts-as" Lustwing using Dark Angels (Deathwing) rules.


The entire force


Squad with Assault Cannon


Squad with Cyclone missile launcher


Squad with Cyclone missile launcher


Squad with Apothecary, Banner and Assault Cannon


Squad with Psycannon

These last guys in Pre-Heresy armour use Grey Knight Terminator rules. They are my "command squad" if you will and lead the warband.


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!

9 comments:

  1. Very nice army Ron, as always.
    I especially like the Image that you have painted on the banner.

    Quick question how do you find the army preforming in battle?
    Any thoughts of switching them over to a different codex? Especially now that the SM terminators are cheaper and have better gear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice, the conversions look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an absolutely beautiful (albeit slithery-looking) army. I'm a HUGE fan of proxy/counts-as models, and it's very cool to see an entire force done that way! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!
    I had ideas for a Nurgle Wing army a few days ago ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive Ron, Im getting chaotic inspiration just looking at it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys.
    I'm thinking about doing a Nurlge wing or maybe Fire Hawks. They would be cool to see.

    Chambers: Performing on the battlefield, excellent. I think I've won more than I lost but they were all hard fought games that were close in the end. I'm still learning how to use them despite the built in limitations. All in all, lots of fun.

    As for the codex, I need to stick with Dark Angles since I need the rules for using all termies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, didnt know you had the dark calling in you. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black Matt: It was calling me for the longest time and I fought it. I held out until I could build this army since it's really the only one I wanted to do when it came to Chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There have been a few Plaguewings. Maybe I'll have to do one. I got over a dozen Nurgle Terminators done and three more on the table. It appears I'm like a squad short of 1500 points.

    I like having multi uses for my models, my terminators never get used maybe I'll have to invest in the Dark Angel book. I also have the landraider too.

    ReplyDelete

If you've got a relevant tip, trick or link, make sure to include it in your comment for the rest of us to check out!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.