Forge World Daemon Prince conversion


It's not too often that I get a nice, simple conversion job... much less with a Forge World model. This guy belongs to a friend of mine and he asked that I add the plastic Balrog wings to him. They'll be magnetised of course.



I've got my work cut out for me, but with a little creativity, there shouldn't be any problems. Since it's a single model project and it's only a conversion, I've worked it in between some of my bigger things.

Part 2: The finished results.
Here's how I magnetized the wings in place.

Project Link: Follow my Daemon Prince conversion


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!

5 comments:

  1. The best of British luck, Ron.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a bit nerve-wracking for me when you're trying to convert a model that costs that much...

    Looking forward to the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I really look forward to this.
    So will you GS the transition from wing to body to the wing, and then magnetize this to the body, or how do you plan to do it?
    Cheers
    Klaus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually it's all done, I just need to download the pics and get the post put together.

    Klaus: The wings are pinned together and a magnet is glued on the underside. The torso has a screw in it for the magnet to attach to. Then I gs'd up to the wings from the body to fill in the gap all the way around.

    ReplyDelete

If you've got a relevant tip, trick or link, make sure to include it in your comment for the rest of us to check out!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.