Custodes Sergeant banners



With all the actual Custodes models painted now, it was time to start the banners for the two Sergeants.

I am fortunate that a lot of my clients give me plenty of room when it comes to trying out new things and experimenting. This case is no different. I asked if I could try my hand at making greenstuff banners instead of the regular cardstock ones for these guys and my client happily agreed.

I've done something similar for a repair on an Epidemius model before but it wasn't exactly like this. I know I can do it, it's just going to be a matter of refining my technique until I can really get the results I'm looking for. Right now, I can't quite get what I have in my head to materialize. I lack the skills right now so it's gonna take time.

Building the banner wasn't without problems. It's small and somewhat delicate to handle. You can only sculpt one side at a time and you have to let it dry.

Here it is in relation to the a plastic banner. I suppose it's just as easy to go with the plastic one. I think this technique will start to shine with the bigger banners (Chapter sized) when I start making them.

Sorry about the bad pics guys, I'm still figuring out how to take good pics in the new studio.

My Project Link: Follow my Custodes Project


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!