Adeptus Custodes tactical squad WIP


For me, this is one of the real benefits to doing commission work. I get the opportunity to work on armies and projects that I would otherwise never get a chance to do.
I just got the green light on a small Custodes project, so look for updates on them in the coming weeks as I get more into them.

Here's what I've got:


20 converted "Custodes." I need to do a little bit of additional cleanup on them before getting started with the paint but they should go quick once I get them all prepped. While it's not part of the commission, I would rather do a little extra work and have a client be happy, than to do just the minimum and have them wishing they had gone someplace else.

Once I saw Corbania Prime's post on his Imperial Guard squad, I wanted to steal his basing idea for this project but it might be tough since these guys are alredy glued to their bases. I might have to try something close.

My Project Link: Follow my Custodes Project


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!

11 comments:

  1. Okay... knowing you Ron (well kinda) I know you're going to make this look BRILLIANT! I've always liked that bit of artwork and those models have been nicley converted already, looking forward to seeing 'em done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool looking models, I am sure they will turn out great. On a side note, I was wondering Ron, why do you always post the exact size pics and never larger ones and let Blogger resize them? I ask because when ever I see your pics I always want to click on them to see a larger version. Often times I have a really hard time seeing all the detail in smaller pics, probably my bad eyes, but being able to click for bigger pics is something you might want to think about doing. I am sure I am not the only one who would enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gonna be great! How does one play Adeptus Custodes anyway? What would they count as?

    I know you'll do a bang-up job on them Ron. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm forced to second HuronBH. I'd love to see more of the detail work on these models.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love to see the Custodes. I've seen a few conversions before. I'm sure these ones will turn out great. As for what they count as : I've seen them used as Grey Knights in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of the Custodes. I can't wait to see how these turn out. And, I guess I'll add my voice to the bigger pics crowd. You can never have enough picturey goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys, they should be fun, I've always wanted to do an army like this myself so here's my chance... kinda.

    HuronBH: The reason I scale everything down and only make some pics "clickable" is for space. I am watching my photo album space grind away at a fairly quick pace and I try to conserve it where I can. Most pics get scaled down to reduce their size and I only make certain ones larger where I think that a close up will really be worth it.
    Maybe I can try and make a few more bigger and see what happens. If you guys want them, then I don't see why i can't try to do it a little more.

    FoxPhoenix135: Honestly, I don't know what they count as. Some people use Grey Knights rules like Akenseth mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "counts as" or not, Custodes conversions rule. I envy you for getting cool commission jobs like this one. Bigger pics, and keep us updated, Ron. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Custodes are looking schweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a reference for you while working on your custodian commission Ron, here are the custodians Scibor have done, brilliant Im sure you'll agree...
    http://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,galerry.php?art=572#i/prost/big/custodian%20painted01.jpg

    Craig @ cadian8th

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool, thanks. I've gone around the web and tried to round up as much as I could for reference so I have a better idea of what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete

If you've got a relevant tip, trick or link, make sure to include it in your comment for the rest of us to check out!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.