After seeing the short poll on Path of the Exodite the other day, I got started thinking about how I do the canopies on my Saim-Hann Vypers.
Not wanting to mess up the "glass," I painted them separate from the model and then attached them with a tiny drop of superglue after I'd already spray varnished the model and it was ready to use.
To make them blend in more, I did a little bit of highlighting so the canopy frame matched the body of the Vyper once it was glued in place.
UPDATE: Turns out it's better to attach clear plastic pieces like this using regular white (PVA) glue so that the superglue doesn't react with any chemicals on the clear plastic creating unsightly marks.
Link: Follow my Saim-Hann army project