Saim-Hann jetbike version 2


Here's what they look like now, I added the green gem on the jetbike canopy and on the rider's chest too.
You guys were right, it helps finish the model off.

I'm going to try for some better pics against a different color background so you get a better idea of the true colors.

Now that I look at the photo again, I think I may make the two gems on the wings green as well for visual balance. That and I need to highlight his face mask just a little more too. Now I'm getting into the small details.

Link: Follow my Saim-Hann army project


Ron, From the WarpIf you've got any questions about something in this post, shoot me a comment and I'll be glad to answer. Make sure to share your hobby tips and thoughts in the comments below!

11 comments:

  1. Yeah, the gems make all the difference for Eldar units. It just makes them look perfect. Great job on these. Curious if you thought to grab up another of the Windrider Hosts that GW has in their 'get it while it lasts' section. Saw they still had em and though of your list!

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin crisp now! I like the darker ruddier red for em now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! I have to ask are the symbols transfers or painted? If they are transfers how did you get them to look like that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I didn;t think the gems made that big of a difference until I saw them finished.

    Marshal Argos: The canopy striping and the symbols are all freehand painted. At first glance they are all close enough to look the same but if you look close, each one is slightly different in shape and size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent. Seems like you're getting trough them pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great! What, about a million left to do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not quite a million... only 27 total and I have almost 6 done already.

    I'm really hoping to get the whole army done quick so I can get playing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I hate playing with unpainted armies and hate people who use proxys A BOTTLE IS NOT A DROP POD!!! Nice job on the gems (does anyone have a guide to doing them )I can't to save my life)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peter: Gems are easy, they just take time to do. I'll see if I can find something like a step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are looking great so far Ron! You must be very pleased with the outcomes. Painting up the extra gemstones will only make the end result better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. jabberjabber: They are coming out ok.
    To be honest, I'm enjoying how fast they paint up compared to my other stuff and the slightly darker look has allowed me a little more freedom as well.

    ReplyDelete

If you've got a relevant tip, trick or link, make sure to include it in your comment for the rest of us to check out!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.